Enrique M. Soriano
The Chair and Professor of Global Marketing at the Ateneo Graduate School of Business, Prof. Enrique M. Soriano has brought on board 20 years of operations experience with him. He has held key positions in a number of Asia- based corporations such as Group CEO of the Belo Medical Group, CEO of Intelligent Skin Care, Inc., Chairman of publicly listed Empire East Suntrust Developers, and Country President and CEO of Singapore based Electronic Realty Associates, Inc.
He has exceptional skills in capability building via leadership development and systematic improvement. He has an MBA with post-graduate qualifications in General Management.
The Consulting Group has the resources, experience and organizational commitment to create long term strategies, strategic alliances and obtain profitable growth for your business. All W+B professionals bring a bias toward action and result as we know that this is essential to success. Given this, you can be assured that we:
- Put a premium in providing top quality services
- Have strong connection with its client and employee
- Are flexible and entrepreneurial, so we give you the solution according to the changing market situation
Danny W. Barrenechea
Prof. Danny W. Barrenechea received his BSBA from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and his MBA at the University of San Francisco. Upon returning to the Philippines, he joined the family business, Cosmos Bottling Corporation. For 22 years in Cosmos Bottling Corporation, he worked as VP and Marketing Director and he built highly successful brands such as Pop Cola, Cheers Orange, and Sarsi.
As a family owner manager, he has firsthand knowledge of the conflicts and the dynamics in combining family relationships and business. Prof Danny was also consultant to the Chairman of Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority From 1998 to 2009. At the same time in 1998, he became a faculty at the Ateneo Graduate School of Business for the newly started Regis MBA Program. To date, he has developed new courses relevant to today’s generation and has been teaching Marketing Management, Strategic Brand Management, Digital Marketing, Integrated Marketing Communication, Strategic Management and Family Business Management. Prof Danny also took special Marketing courses at the Harvard Business School.
Federico C. Gonzalez
Prof. Federico C. Gonzalez or “Dickie” finished his BS Mechanical Engineering (Magna Cum Laude, 1964) at the De La Salle College and MS Industrial Management at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (1966), where he gained his systems, engineering and technology foundations.
His corporate management life started with his being an operations research trainee at Mobil East (NY) Corp. in 1966 and included:
- President/CEO, San Miguel Properties, Inc. (real estate arm of the SMC Group, handling real estate asset management and disposition), Oct.1, 1990 – Dec.31, 1998;
- President & Vice Chairman, Home Insurance and Guaranty Corp. (HIGC – the government housing agency mandated to offer credit insurance to government and private funders of housing projects and mortgages), to which Pres. Cory Aquino appointed Dickie as CEO; this required him to implement major organizational changes and financial rehabilitation in the post-Marcos years, April 1986 – February 1990.
Corporate advisory has always been an activity in Dickie’s professional life, in addition to corporate management. Some of his advisory assignments are:
- The AVEGON electrical manufacturing venture, which he was nominated as COO;
- A Meycauayan-based enterprise (wet/dry market, real estate, tannery), to which the Court appointed him as receiver to settle ongoing family disputes that threatened to pull down the business;
- A family-owned agricultural commodities manufacturing and trading company that has ownership and management issues;
- A family owned real estate company with ownership and management issues, to which Dickie provides strategy, business and governance advise.
La Sallian to the core (GS’55, HS’59, College’64), he has also been a dedicated teacher, full-time and part-time at various stages, in the College of Engineering, Graduate School of Business, and College of Computer Studies; his first assignment was in the Mechanical Engineering Department, COE, in 1968.
On his advocacy and academic career, Dickie has developed a passion for Technology Entrepreneurship and Innovation, which he has been researching, training, mentoring and consulting since 2005.
Mr. Attila Vajda finished his BA Faculty of Economics at the University of Oradea, Romania.
Few of his awards include:
- CFA Charterholder since 2013
- Best Salesperson in Vietnam at the 2011 AsiaMoney Brokers Poll
- Won Best Overall Sales Services
- Won Best Execution with own team
He is the Founder and Managing Director at the Project Asia Research & Consulting Pte. Ltd. (March 2014 – present), where he is currently handling active projects in Energy, Healthcare, Financial and Retail Industries.
Some of his past corporate engagements include:
- Head of Institutional Clients at ACB Securities Company Ltd. (May 2008 – March 2014). He set up the Institutional Clients Department compromising of Institutional Sales and Trading teams. He hand picked, trained and managed 14 brokers. He developed and enforced institutional sales strategy, built risk policy. He had overseen the equity trading activities of the institutional clients. He tripled the client base of the firm over a period of 5 years and assembled quarterly stock baskets for global Investment Banks.
- Global Program Coordinator at DHL Global CUstomer Solutions (Singapore, November 2006 – May 2008). He was the one who managed the after sales activities for a portfolio of global customers in the Life Science and Technology Industries. He implemented and managed regional solutions and programs for global clients in the Asia Pacific Region.
Wilfrido V.E. Arcilla
Mr. Wilfrido “Willy” Victor Esguerra Arcilla is the Senior Advisor for Branding and Strategic Marketing at Wong and Bernstein, an Asian Strategic Consulting Group, an Angelpreneur of Go NeGOsyo movement and an advisor to various organizations. He is also the founder and president of the Asia-Pacific Marketing Clinic, a newly-formed marketing training and consultancy firm dedicated to helping turn around troubled companies and revitalizing ailing brands to become healthier and wealthier. He has over 30 years of experience across the Asia-Pacific region in various roles in US Fortune 500 companies like P&G Philippines, SC Johnson & Son Indonesia and The Coca‐Cola Company China as well as Philippine conglomerates like San Miguel Corporation), RFM Philippines and URC Asia-Pacific.
He is a recipient of the Agora Award for Marketing Excellence and a Special Citation from the Catholic Mass Media Awards for Best Business Column. He holds a B.S. Business Administration from U.P. Diliman and an M.S. Industrial Economics from the Center for Research and Communication.
An advocate of “Marketing Leadership”, he believes that “Marketing is what anyone must do” while “Leadership is what anyone must have.” He has authored two books entitled “Marketing and Advertising with a Conscience” and “Leadership is Discipleship”.
Raised in a family of physicians, Willy has learned to apply basic principles of the medical profession on relaunching weak brands and rehabilitating struggling companies to make them healthier and stronger.
He has been providing training and consultancy services to a wide variety of clients including MSMEs and Philippine conglomerates – to help Filipino companies grow and Filipino brands win in an increasingly competitive global economy.
Remigio Joseph A. De Ungria
The Managing Director of W+B Energy, Engr. Remigio Joseph A. De Ungria Jr., ChE, ME, MBA, has valuable niche expertise in energy optimization that many Philippine companies need to control and reduce their power cost amidst the on-going transition to a deregulated retail electricity market.
He has a successful track record in the executive positions he has held with top Philippine companies such as COO of Moldex Products, SVP of Citistores, Country Marketing Manager of Philips Electronics and Lighting and AVP of Waltermart Supermarkets and Community Malls.
After completing his Chemical and Mechanical Engineering degrees from UP in 1986 and 1988 respectively, he completed his MBA degree from Ateneo in 1994, his Marketing Communications degree from DLSU in 2002 and his Certified Digital Marketing degree from the IMMAP Ateneo in 2011.
His unique competencies in igniting and coaching corporate and individual transformations has been tested, refined and sharpened during his almost 3 decades of simultaneous engagement with industry and academe as Professor.
He started his professional career as the only Technical Management Trainee selected in 1988 by Unilever Philippines. He has been directly responsible for the technical operations of an Oil Refinery, a Sulphonation Plant, a Ready Mixed Concrete Batching Plant and a PVC and PE Pipes Factory.
Because of his unique blend of technical, marketing and communication skills, he has been frequently selected as the company representative to various mission-critical legal, regulatory and industry activities particularly during major industry upheavals which he directly participated in 7 industries: real estate, retail petroleum, oleochemical, cement, lighting, pipes and retail electricity markets.